:: Open Ear – Cardiff 13/06/08, 8pm till late ::
On June 13th 2008, 8pm till late, Open Ear will host a free one night only event of experimental work in the ATRiuM Theatre at the University of Glamorgan’s newly built ATRiuM, Cardiff School of Creative & Cultural Industries, Cardiff, Wales (http://cci.glam.ac.uk/). Curated by Garrett Lynch (http://www.asquare.org/) the event will present a series of interdisciplinary performances and projections by various sound and visual artists / groups working across the areas of art, music, media and new technologies within live performance / projected contexts.
The line-up for the evening will be as follows:
- Ampersand & Mitsuka (http://www.ampersand.tv/)
- Malte Steiner (http://www.block4.com/)
- Richard Bowers, Ian Watson, Nic Finch & Jon Ruddick (http://www.richardbowers.co.uk/, http://www.myspace.com/phantomheadrecordings, http://www.chameleonic-design.com/, http://www.jacuzzi-junta.org/)
- Paul Adams (http://www.mrpauladams.com/)
- Garrett Lynch (http://www.asquare.org/)
- Georg Boenn
- Matt Wright (http://www.matt-wright.co.uk/)
- Rob Smith & Ben Challis
- Energie! by Thorsten Fleisch & Jens Thiele (http://www.fleischfilm.com/)
- Future Memories by Scott Kildall (http://www.kildall.com/)
- Emanations by Brian DeLevie & Isshaela Ingham (http://www.briandelevie.com/)
- Try Hard Johnny! by Valentina Besegher & Alessandro Massobrio (http://www.besegher.com/, http://www.flushingdevice.it/)
- Archisonics: Vertigo by John Kannenberg (http://www.johnkannenberg.com/)
- Drishti II by Jen-Kuang Chang
:: The Venue ::
The University of Glamorgan’s newly built ATRiuM in Cardiff, Wales opened in 2007 and houses the Cardiff School of Creative & Cultural Industries which comprises of Art & Design, Media & Communication and Drama & Music. Situated in central Cardiff, Wales, this specially-designed building contains cutting edge technology and facilities including industry-standard studios, a theatre and cinema.
Address: ATRiuM Theatre, Adam Street, Cardiff, Wales, CF24 2FN
Detailed information on how to get here can be found on the university website. Please arrive early to avoid disappointment.
Open Ear, audio-visual events and performances are supported by The University of Glamorgan, ATRiuM, Cardiff School of Creative & Cultural Industries, Cardiff, Wales.